This area of research reports the rise in digital arts, especially painting which is down on "touch screen" tablets and mobile devices.
This is Hockneys self portrait via iPad app 'Procreate". It demonstrates the attentive touch, which creates an impression of greater detail, for example Van Gogh would have the same texture of brush for the face and for the landscape paintings he did. I prefer a lesser attention to detail, for the softness of the face is important to me.
1) The Eye - On iPad Procreat with stylus.
2) Sketch Book Studies - Saturn in Water colour on cotton paper
The planetary system is such a simplistic form of science in physics.
3) Blue Saturn - On iPad Procreate with Stylus.
4) Self Portrait - On iPad Procreate with a Stylus
This is a self-interested study because I was feeling depressed, specifically because of poverty. Literally recording my arte-povera, as student and young adult.
5) All too Human, Tate Modern - Lucien Freud, Francis Bacon, Frank Auerbach and Paula Rego
Lucian Freud, Leigh Bowery 1991 Tate © The Lucian Freud Archive / Bridgeman Images.
Available at URL: https://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-britain/exhibition/all-too-human, Accessed: (03/07/20)
Painting from memory and with 'colour theory'; the science of contrasting colo